Sunday, February 15, 2009

It Wasn't Gardening But It Felt Good

What I needed was a Tom Sawyer. My white picket fence was covered by a green sheen of mildew and I just knew that I had to get it quickly cleaned. Because before long the plants will be in, and I won't be able to get access to it. So now with a nasty remnant of bleach in my clothes and on my hands, I am celebrating a job well-done. I think I'll slap a bit of paint on it next weekend, just to finish the job.

Note: I can see the tips of the peony. The mini daffodils are popped through in the front yard. And the first of the crocuses bloomed in the backyard. The day was a lovely sunny, but chilly Sunday. I ran for the first time in a couple of weeks and now I'm stiff and ready to relax. We're off to the movies tonight in a race to see all the Academy Award contenders before the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment